Useful information about financial products and debt management
On Competition and Consumer Protection commission's (CCPC) website you can find useful information about consumer rights, personal finance and make complaints to business or financial service providers.
To better manage your money and achieve your financial goals, here you can find many tools and calculators such as budget planner, spending calculator, loan calculator and other useful tools that can help you manage your finances.
If you do not meet the repayments on your loan, your account will go into arrears. This may affect your credit rating, which may limit your ability to access credit in the future.
Differences between Hire Purchase and Personal Loan
The main difference between using a personal loan and a hire purchase agreement to buy a car is that with a credit union personal car loan you borrow money, pay for your car, and own it immediately.
When you use a hire purchase agreement to buy a car, the motor dealer sells the car to the finance company. The finance company then rents the car to you for an agreed period of time in return for a set monthly repayment over a number of years. During the Hire Purchase Agreement, you can use the car but the finance company actually owns it. They are the owner, and you are the hirer. At the end of the agreement, the finance company passes ownership of the car to you, provided you have made all the repayments. You don’t own the car until you make the last repayment. This means you cannot sell the car if you run into problems making your repayments.
The fees and charges on hire purchase agreements may include
- Documentation fees;
- Interest surcharge for missed repayments - this means an additional amount of interest will be charged on the amount unpaid;
- Penalty fees for missed or late payments;
- Completion fee for ownership of the goods to pass to you;
- Repossession charge;
- Rescheduling charge - if your lender agrees to change the terms of the agreement, you may be charged extra.
Standard Car Loan Main characteristics
- Suitable when buying a new or used car, or when purchasing privately;
- Competitive variable rates;
- With a variable rate loan you can make extra repayments and clear loan early;
- Money paid directly to your account.
Consumer Hire Purchase Main characteristics
- Suitable if you are purchasing a car from an approved dealer in the Republic of Ireland;
- The maximum age of the car is limited;
- Competitive fixed rate;
- Suitable if you are borrowing 7000 € or more.
- Get to know us - MoneyGuru24 is here to help out every internet user who is searching for the right service and/or product in a specific niche. Our services are available for anyone free of charge. Our team’s main goal is to provide the best opinion about the product and/or service, by comparing specific features. We want our website visitors to get as much information as possible, to help them make the smartest decision.
- Process description - Before displaying and listing services and products on our website, our team members from the research, marketing, and data departments come together and very carefully look into each of the company and its offers. Because of the team member experience, we can see red flags before anyone else. We spend many hours looking into all details, consumer reviews, specifics and brand provided information on every product even if it comes from the same brand. Only after collecting all the information we can find, we decide whether to display this brand with its product on our list or not.
- Our Partners - We have high standards for ourselves and also for our partners. We work together only with companies with a good reputation, without any legal or ethical issues. Some partnerships are paid, which means that it can make an impact on the listing positions, but it's not always like that. Most of the time, the content department team decides the listing positions. If our page visitor has chosen a product and/or service from our provided list, he may be guided to partner’s websites to continue the process and we may get a commission from his purchase. Even if we sometimes get commissions from our partners, we don`t change our basic structure and overstep our principles about listed partner companies.
- Useful feature description - We always think of ways to make our website more user-friendly. To save visitors time we have implemented a useful tool called “pop up window”. By moving a mouse cursor to the button “Apply now” you can access this window, which will show up giving you the additional information that could help you to get more important details about product/service and may also include product/service requirements. If you as our consumer or page visitor wish to know more about some specific product/service you can visit our "full description" page where our team has collected and published all information that can be useful for you.
- Star rating system explained - We have also added a great tool to all of our listed merchants - stars. Every visitor after using a service or getting a product can rate how satisfied they've been with this brand and/or product on a scale from one to five, five stars being the highest level of satisfaction and one - the lowest. On the right side of stars, you can see the number of our customers that have rated this listed brand previously. To ensure a more objective rating, we let one consumer vote only one time per 24-hour window. The star feature also can impact position at the list. If you see products that have a small rating number or don't have a rating at all don`t be suspicious or hesitate to try them out. Empty star features may just show that this is the brand new partner or newly listed product provider.
- Updates - With the help of the world wide web, information changes very rapidly in this century. Every few days our content team goes through all displayed information and compares it with the information from the source. If there are any changes, then we get approval from the source and the content team updates the newest information on our website. We do this because for us it is important to provide up-to-date information to our website visitors and potential consumers. Just keep in mind that we are only humans and we are doing our best!
- Reach out to us - We understand very well that each consumer's experience can be very different. For us, it is important to hear not only great reviews but also complaints, suggestions and comments. For this reason, we have a section called “Contacts” where you can find the information on how to reach us. We suggest using an email as in that way we can investigate your described situation and send you an answer or give a call as fast as possible. Usually, our team answers in less than 2 working days.
MoneyGuru24 is not a bank, lender, broker or product issuer. MoneyGuru24 is not owned by a financial institution but is an independent company owned by private shareholders. All information provided on MoneyGuru24 has general and informative nature. Although MoneyGuru24 covers wide range of loan products and providers, keep in mind that those are not the only options available in the market and may not be the best fit for you. We do not consider your personal circumstances and financial situation and we are not recommending any particular products. If you choose to apply for a loan product through MoneyGuru24 website you will be dealing directly with the loan provider not with MoneyGuru24. It is recommended for you to read all relevant documentation given by the loan provider before accepting any financial product offer.