Useful information about financial products and debt management
On Competition and Consumer Protection commission's (CCPC) website you can find useful information about consumer rights, personal finance and make complaints to business or financial service providers.
To better manage your money and achieve your financial goals, here you can find many tools and calculators such as budget planner, spending calculator, loan calculator and other useful tools that can help you manage your finances.
If you do not meet the repayments on your loan, your account will go into arrears. This may affect your credit rating, which may limit your ability to access credit in the future.
Before borrowing ask yourself
- Whether you can afford to pay back the money you're planning to borrow?
- Can the purchase wait until I can afford it without taking a loan?
- If the purchase is urgent is there another way to get money by asking employer, family or friends.
- If the purchase is not urgent can I save money?
You should never take a loan if
- You want to take a loan just to pay off you previous loans or debts.
- You already have one or more loans.
- You already have other outstanding debts and/or missed payments.
- If you are not sure of your capability to pay the loan back on time.
If you still need to take a loan
- Look at your income and outgoings and think if you'll be able to pay all your bills and debts.
- Calculate how much you can afford to repay each month.
- If your budget shows that you'll have no money for extra payments then it means you can't afford to take a loan.
Factors lender considers when you apply for a loan
- Your income - it's very common that lender asks for a proof of your employment and bank statement of your income;
- Your credit history - when you fill out a loan application form lender usually checks your credit history. Note that if you have a bad credit history the lender may not give you the loan even though you have enough money to repay the loan;
- Other loans - you may be refused a loan if you have other active loans;
- The security of your job - this is important factor that indicates your capability of repaying the loan;
- The amount of savings you have - this can help you look better and more trustworthy in the eyes of the lender;
- Age restriction - all credit companies set the limit on age themselves. In most companies, loans are granted from the age of 18 and up to the age of 60 - 70.
Annual Percentage Rate (APR)
APR – Annual Percentage Rate represents an annual cost (in %) of borrowing. The APR takes factors such as interest rate and certain other fees and charges into account. In order to make it easier for you to compare one loan to other similar loans, lenders are required to tell you their APR before you sign an agreement.
|Lender A offers
|1000 Euro for 360 days
with an APR of 11.4 %
|Lender B offers
|1000 Euro for 360 days
with an APR of 19.9 %
As it shows, in the scenario above, borrowing from Lender A would be a better idea, because you would get the same amount of money for the same term, but each month you would pay less interest.
! If you have chosen variable interest rate, note that the Bank may increase or decrease the interest rate on the loan at any time.
Borrowing costs and fees
- Loan administration, set up or documentation fee - Some lenders may charge this fee in order to set up your loan. This fee can be up to 75 €.
- Fixed rate break fee - most lenders can charge this fee is you have a fixed-rate loan and you decide to repay your loan early.
- Late payment fees - if you miss a payment you usually have to pay late payment fee, so make sure you never miss a payment to avoid extra charges, also please note that this can also affect your credit score, which can make it harder to borrow money in the future.
If you're not able to pay back loan on time
- Loan extension: If you realize that you will not be able to repay the loan on time, there is a service of loan repayment period extension, which is offered by many companies for an additional cost. Every credit company sets the fee for the service of extending repayment period itself.
- Credit holidays: the delay of loan payments for a certain amount of time is called credit holidays. Credit holidays are available in some cases, such as a temporary loss of working ability or loss of job. In most cases credit holidays are granted for a period from one month to one year. This is common for longer-term loans.
- Seek for help: if you can't find a solution with your lender, you can seek help by contacting the Money Advice and Budgeting Service. They will give you free and independent advice have to solve your money problems.
Don't accept first loan you're offered, compare various lenders to make sure you get the best possible loan offer!
Personal loan is a good choice if you are in need of a certain amount of money for a certain cause – for example, home or garden improvement, travelling or study expense coverage (student loans).
The main characteristics of personal loan: large amounts of money and long terms of loan repayment.
Personal loan comparison on moneyguru24.com helps you choose the best personal loan that best suits your need.
We advise you to choose the shortest loan term you can afford. Longer-term loans might seem appealing at first sights as they have lower monthly repayments, however, it may turn out that the total repayment is gonna be higher afterward. If you can afford than it is better to take a loan for a shorter period of time and payback a higher amount of money each month.
Which is the best place to apply for a loan?
There are quite a lot of personal loan companies. We recommend you refrain from cooperating with companies that provide dubious service or companies with bad customer reviews. On our site you will find reliable companies that have been working in crediting for a long time. Among them – Bank of Ireland, KBC and others.
! Check that the money lender is regulated! All lenders must be registered with Central Bank of Ireland. Before borrowing make sure that your lender is regulated to avoid illegal money lenders.
- Get to know us - MoneyGuru24 is here to help out every internet user who is searching for the right service and/or product in a specific niche. Our services are available for anyone free of charge. Our team’s main goal is to provide the best opinion about the product and/or service, by comparing specific features. We want our website visitors to get as much information as possible, to help them make the smartest decision.
- Process description - Before displaying and listing services and products on our website, our team members from the research, marketing, and data departments come together and very carefully look into each of the company and its offers. Because of the team member experience, we can see red flags before anyone else. We spend many hours looking into all details, consumer reviews, specifics and brand provided information on every product even if it comes from the same brand. Only after collecting all the information we can find, we decide whether to display this brand with its product on our list or not.
- Our Partners - We have high standards for ourselves and also for our partners. We work together only with companies with a good reputation, without any legal or ethical issues. Some partnerships are paid, which means that it can make an impact on the listing positions, but it's not always like that. Most of the time, the content department team decides the listing positions. If our page visitor has chosen a product and/or service from our provided list, he may be guided to partner’s websites to continue the process and we may get a commission from his purchase. Even if we sometimes get commissions from our partners, we don`t change our basic structure and overstep our principles about listed partner companies.
- Useful feature description - We always think of ways to make our website more user-friendly. To save visitors time we have implemented a useful tool called “pop up window”. By moving a mouse cursor to the button “Apply now” you can access this window, which will show up giving you the additional information that could help you to get more important details about product/service and may also include product/service requirements. If you as our consumer or page visitor wish to know more about some specific product/service you can visit our "full description" page where our team has collected and published all information that can be useful for you.
- Star rating system explained - We have also added a great tool to all of our listed merchants - stars. Every visitor after using a service or getting a product can rate how satisfied they've been with this brand and/or product on a scale from one to five, five stars being the highest level of satisfaction and one - the lowest. On the right side of stars, you can see the number of our customers that have rated this listed brand previously. To ensure a more objective rating, we let one consumer vote only one time per 24-hour window. The star feature also can impact position at the list. If you see products that have a small rating number or don't have a rating at all don`t be suspicious or hesitate to try them out. Empty star features may just show that this is the brand new partner or newly listed product provider.
- Updates - With the help of the world wide web, information changes very rapidly in this century. Every few days our content team goes through all displayed information and compares it with the information from the source. If there are any changes, then we get approval from the source and the content team updates the newest information on our website. We do this because for us it is important to provide up-to-date information to our website visitors and potential consumers. Just keep in mind that we are only humans and we are doing our best!
- Reach out to us - We understand very well that each consumer's experience can be very different. For us, it is important to hear not only great reviews but also complaints, suggestions and comments. For this reason, we have a section called “Contacts” where you can find the information on how to reach us. We suggest using an email as in that way we can investigate your described situation and send you an answer or give a call as fast as possible. Usually, our team answers in less than 2 working days.
MoneyGuru24 is not a bank, lender, broker or product issuer. MoneyGuru24 is not owned by a financial institution but is an independent company owned by private shareholders. All information provided on MoneyGuru24 has general and informative nature. Although MoneyGuru24 covers wide range of loan products and providers, keep in mind that those are not the only options available in the market and may not be the best fit for you. We do not consider your personal circumstances and financial situation and we are not recommending any particular products. If you choose to apply for a loan product through MoneyGuru24 website you will be dealing directly with the loan provider not with MoneyGuru24. It is recommended for you to read all relevant documentation given by the loan provider before accepting any financial product offer.
What is a loan?
Loan is a good choice if you are in need of a certain amount of money for a certain cause – for example, home or garden improvement, travelling or study expense coverage (student loans). Personal loan comparison on moneyguru24.com helps you choose the best personal loan that best suits your need.
Should I consider getting a loan?
If you find yourself in a sudden need of money, for example, you receive an unexpectedly big bill for a service, first – talk over with whomever you got your bill from and explain the situation you’re in. You may plan an extended term to your bill or suggest a partial payment during a longer term. If that is not possible, you should consider getting a loan. But you should get a loan only if you are able to pay it back.
How do I get a loan?
You can apply for a loan using an online application form. To get the loan you have to be over 18, employed, with a regular monthly income and have a bank account. Even though the application is really easy, you shouldn’t rush into getting a loan. Be careful and read all the information, small print, terms and conditions on the politics of financial enterprise which you find most efficient after comparing all the options in MoneyGuru24.com.
How do I pay back my loan?
Most of financial enterprises, that offers loans, debit the payment directly from your bank account. But there are still some credit companies that haven’t established this service yet, so you must remember to pay back your debt as soon as you get your monthly paycheck. If you are thinking about extending the term of your loan, be sure to inform the lender before the current due date expires.
What happens if I can’t pay back my loan?
If you miss payments or fail to repay your loan and cannot reach an agreement on the extension of credit term, then it is quite possible that the lender will leave a bad mark in your credit reference file. This can cause difficulties to obtain credit, leasing or other financial services in the future. Serious cases of missed payments (non-payment) can be brought to court. In this case, the court costs will be added to the amount of your debt. For more information about loan extension policy, description of the company's policy in cases of missing payments and non-payment actions, visit your lender’s website.